Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- 12/13/2013 – Email Tricks: An hour was devoted to the joys of email. Ben Sykora, from Wharton Computing, covered a variety of tips and tricks that can be used to streamline your email experience. Gadget-clad Ted Moskalenko, from ISC, skillfully demonstrated for the audience how he handles email on the go.
- 10/11/2013 – Security Tips: October is Cyber Security Awareness Month, which is always an interesting and pragmatic topic for discussion. Wharton IT Director Barry Wilson did the honors of leading this year’s Techfast devoted to all things security.
- 4/5/2013 – Telepresence at Wharton: Brandon Lodriguss, from the Wharton Innovation Group, and David Siedell, from Wharton Computing, gave some background on Telepresence, demonstrated how the Cisco Connected Classrooms work, and answered questions about this innovative technology.
- 12/7/2012 – Windows 8: Wharton Computing’s Public Technology group gave us a guided tour of Windows 8 and what it means to you. Everything from the updated user interface to new devices were covered.
- 10/5/2012 – Cyber Security Awareness: Wharton Computing’s Security team, Barry Wilson and Scott McNulty, presented a number of applications, tips, and tricks meant to ensure your data (both personal and work related) remain both secure and easy to access. Topics covered included password management, privacy settings, and encryption for fun and profit.
- 6/1/12 – Wharton Computing Tech Expo in Vance Hall: Wharton Computing staff were joined by vendors to display a number of things we’ve been working on at a variety of demo stations. Tours of the newly renovated classrooms in the lower level of Vance Hall were offered.
- 4/6/12 – Cloud Computing: Cloud Computing isn’t just a buzzword anymore, it powers many of the services you use on a daily basis. During this Techfast 4 Wharton Computing staff members will give short presentations about the Cloud: what the Cloud is, how the School is leveraging it, and how you can get the most out of some Cloud services.
- 2/10/12 – Social Media: Start the new year out right by attending this panel discussion about all things Social Media. The School’s social-media efforts were discussed, as well as techniques for coping with social-media overload.
- 10/07/11 – Mobile Tech: Wharton Computing’s Ted Moskalenko and Scott McNulty are the Odd Couple of mobile technology: Ted loves Android, and Scott is Apple to the core. This lively Techfast offered up some pros and cons for both platforms, while also dispensing some nifty tips, tricks, and apps designed to help you get the most out of your mobile devices.
- 08/05/11 – Virtual Worlds: Tim Allen, Wharton Computing member and cofounder of the Second Life Community Convention, spoke about virtual worlds with an emphasis on Second Life.
- 6/3/11 – Wharton Computing Tech Expo in Hoover Lounge, Vance Hall: The Wharton Computing staff showcased a number of things they’ve been working on, dazzling Expo attendees at a variety of demo stations – including an exciting tour of the “classroom of the future.”
- 4/1/11 – Security: From phishing to firewalls, Barry Wilson and Scott McNulty, Wharton Computing’s Security team, described some of the common computer security pitfalls and how you can avoid them. Identity Finder and how best to deal with confidential data was also covered.
- 2/11/11 – Immersive Video: Christopher Smith from Wharton Classroom Technology stands at the intersection of Hollywood and the classroom. Christopher will walk us through the process and the technology needed to produce quality video and live-streams from your class, or event, without leaving Huntsman Hall.